Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Slime Time Live!

EEERRRR!! EEERRRR!!! EEERRRR!!!!


If you watched Nickelodeon growing up, you know that that's the warning sign that you're about to get SLIMMED!!!! If you're Lori Beth you take it like a champ. I like to think I take after her in that way...

Except there was no warning sign... except for my mothers laughter when I told her I was trying this recipe.


I found the recipe on Food Network's website. It's an easy recipe by Alton Brown. 

You will need: 

8 ounces of avocado "meat" - or 2 smallish avocados
2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 pound of sifted powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract

What to do:



Peel and pit the avocados.
Place the avocado into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment along with the lemon juice and beat until lightened in color, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the powdered sugar a little at a time and beat until smooth.
Add the lemon extract and mix to combine. 
If not using right away, store in the refrigerator.

This sounds easy peasy, right? Because I was planning on baking two dozen cupcakes, I doubled the recipe and subtracted the lemon extract (because I didn't have that in the cabinet).


Because I don't have sifter, I use this meshy strainer thing. Just shake back and forth and, voila!


Then I added the lemon juice followed by the sifted powdered sugar a little at a time.
Oh, and added two (blended) kiwi to flavor the frosting because I was going for kiwi-strawberry cupcakes. 

And I got slimmed.


This stuff was capital N, nasty. The flavor wasn't bad. It actually had really good flavor, but the texture was appalling. The first thing I thought of was Nickelodeon slime. Gooey. And gross.

Foul.

I'll let you know next time what I ended up making  :)
They turned out excellent. And no slime.

<3 Tina <3



No comments:

Post a Comment