Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bjursta, Ektorp, and Poang. Oh my!




Since graduating last April, I have moved 6 times. My seventh, and final, move for the year will be happening next weekend. In order to prepare for the move, I have been searching through IKEA, craigslist, and checking every freecycle post for anything that I can use for the new place. I am overly excited for this change and ready to settle into an apartment that I will get to call home.

The colors we chose for the apartment are Cornsilk and Chainstitch.
The colors don't look quite the same as they did as paint, but they're close. The Cornsilk is more of a pale yellow hue than it appears and will be on one wall in our living room. The Chainstitch will be in the dining room.

If you know me, you know that I am OBSESSED with my couch. It was my first "big girl purchase." I shopped for a couple of months to find this couch. I touched fabrics that made me cringe, sat on very uncomfortable cushions, and went into more furniture stores than I would ever have liked. I finally found THE ONE. It was imperative that whatever color we chose went well with the couch.

I will most definitely be taking pictures to show the before and after of the apartment!

I'm certain I need a chandelier.
Because I based the living room setup around the couch colors we decided to go with the light purple for the dining room. This was for two reasons: (1) we ARE after all Gamma Eta's; and (2) the purple complimented the colors we chose for the living room. I'm really excited to see the outcome. I have NO idea how we are going to decorate the dining room though. I've included some inspiration pictures. Let me know what you think!!!


The ceiling and white furniture! Bliss.
I love this table and chairs!




<3 Tina <3

No comments:

Post a Comment