Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

It's Nice to Hear

Happy Monday  :)

I've been thinking a lot lately about the things we don't say or hear enough. This is kinda a branch off from a previous post, but just a little more.

Here are a list of things that are nice to hear:

1. "You're so beautiful/handsome." - many feminists or whatever they want to call themselves might argue this, but I am always up for hearing this one. For example, I went to a friends wedding in Michigan a few weeks ago and her sister said "I need to take a picture with Tina (that's me) before you go." My friend says "Why?" And her sister says, "Because I need to show my friends how pretty she is!" Does that not just melt your heart? It was so sweet and unexpected to hear. It made my day :)

2. When someone you care about *finally* gets the job/audition/super cool gadget/you-name-it that they have worked so hard for and have been waiting for for, like, ever. It's so nice to hear that someone is excited. It makes me excited with them.

3. "Nap time!" Seriously, who doesn't like nap time? This would be a great thing to hear!

4. When you're down and someone does everything they can to pull you out of your slump. Maybe it's words, but maybe it's them acting like a goofball trying to make you smile and laugh. Laughter is really a nice thing to hear. It's contagious.

5. Summer breeze rustling through the trees on a sunny day. Just close your eyes and imagine.

6. "I appreciate all your hard work!" There was a gentleman in my office that would give the most sincere compliments out of nowhere about how great you were doing and how what you do is helping the organization as a whole. It was so refreshing to hear because its easy to get bogged down when you feel like your work doesn't get noticed or make a difference.

7. "I love you." Every time someone says those three words to you, soak it in. Love is such a wonderful thing to share.

What are some things you like to hear?

<3 Tina <3

No comments:

Post a Comment