Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Talk about feelings? I like kitties...

Why is it so difficult to tell someone close to you that they are hurting your feelings?

Or to tell someone that you want to be a part of their life? Using the wise words of my dear friend, "it's [not] that you want to be surgically attached, it's that you want to feel like you're part of [their] whole life, not just a segment of it."

Why is it so hard to say that? 

I don't really have much to say on the matter because, quite honestly, I can't organize my thoughts enough to get it down. My brain is jumbled. And I'm feeling down.

I tend to think my not wanting to talk about my feelings is because of my many failed attempts to do so in the past, and the losers that I dated making it seem like my feelings didn't matter. So, I've been conditioned in a way. Keep your feelings in, even if you don't like how things are going. Deal with it. Bah!

I struggle to be better in this arena. I strive to be better in life in so many ways. At work, I push myself to do better, set goals and try my hardest to exceed them. In life, I pride myself on being adventurous and find it exhilarating to make great changes like packing my belongings into a U-haul and moving to an unknown city. I try to get involved in new things regularly and continue to learn about my body, limits, and push boundaries. But when it comes to how I feel, that is a struggle I can't seem to surpass.

This is now my focus. I will work to do better with expressing the feelings I tend to bottle up. Any advice in doing this is welcome.

Do you struggle with sharing your feelings? How do you work past the fear?

Now look at these fluffy kitties!

<3Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment